2021 MPEA CSP: Tree and Shrub Planting | South Wind Circle Trailhead | Tuesday, 9/28, 9-11:30am | Ages 13+
For the past six years, volunteers have worked diligently to clear out invasive Autumn olive shrubs from a portion of forest understory situated around two legs of our South Wind Trail. So far, almost 300 native trees & shrubs have been installed. On this day, we will return to a recently-cleared expansion to this area to install & shelter even more native trees & shrubs, while observing and discussing the results of the prior hard work accomplished by previous volunteers.
- Prepare for (clearing, digging, etc.), plant, & shelter native tree & shrubs for wildlife;
- Training, tools, & supplies (except work gloves) will be provided;
- Precautions for the ticks, poison ivy, & stinging insects that may be encountered should also be taken;
- This event may be cancelled in the case of adverse weather conditions (such as moderate to heavy precipitation, high winds, or lightning).
- A face-covering mask;
- Drinking water;
- Snacks, if desired;
- Work gloves;
- Long pants;
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes;
- Eye protection (recommended);
- Appropriate clothing for the weather, including sun protection.
Minimum age: 13
15 Positions available!
6495 South Wind Circle
Columbia MD, 21044
South Wind Circle Trailhead
6495 South Wind Circle, Columbia, MD 21044
Route 29 to Route 108 west towards Clarksville or Route 32 to Route 108 east. Turn onto Trotter Road to South Wind Circle (about 1 mile). Enter the circle and proceed to trailhead on left (opposite Misty Top Pass).