2021 MPEA CSP: Japanese Barberry Removal | Trotter Parking Area | Saturday, 10/16, 9-11:30am | Ages 13+
Japanese Barberry is a formidable foe of the environmental area, and controlling this nuisance plant requires continued efforts every year. Luckily our steadfast helpers are adept at removing it. On this day, we''ll dig, yank, and wrench these spiny shrubs from the ground. Long pants and shirt sleeves are a must!
- Dig or hand-pull invasive Japanese Barberry;
- Training, plant removal tools, and supplies (except work gloves) will be provided;
- Precautions for the ticks, poison ivy, & stinging insects that may be encountered should also be taken;
- This event may be cancelled in the case of adverse weather conditions (such as moderate to heavy precipitation, high winds, or lightning).
- A face-covering mask;
- Drinking water;
- Snacks, if desired;
- Work gloves;
- Long pants;
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes;
- Eye protection (recommended);
- Appropriate clothing for the weather, including sun protection.
Minimum age: 13
15 Positions available!
5795 Trotter Road
Clarksville MD, 21029
Trotter Parking Area
5795 Trotter Road, Clarksville, MD 21029
From Route 29 at Route 32: Take 32 west to the Great Star Drive exit. Turn right onto Great Star Drive. Then make a right onto Summer Sunrise. Continue to Trotter Road and make a left. Proceed about 1 mile to the parking area on the right just beyond the small traffic circle.
From Route 29 at Route 108: Take Route 108 west and continue past Centennial Lane. Proceed past Harpers Farm Road to Trotter Road and make a left. Continue to the parking area on the left. If you reach the small traffic circle, you''ve gone too far.